The people of Iwate prefecture in northern Japan – the potential future home of the ILC – go to great lengths to show their support for the collider project. Banners under cherry blossoms and bumper stickers are just a few of the many examples of visible support – here are a few impressions from a recent visit of the interaction collaboration to the region.
If you’d like to follow what the prefectural and city governments are doing to educate residents about the ILC, gather support for the project and prepare the ground for more foreign residents in the area in the future, here are a few links to relevant pages in English:
- Iwate prefecture’s tourism facebook page
- information for foreign Iwate residents in English
- the ILC promotion council of Iwate prefecture
- Ichinoseki city’s ILC Promotion Division facebook page
- Ichinoseki’s ILC website
- Oshu ILC Promotion Division facebook page
- Oshu`s ILC website
- Kesen-numa facebook page
- ILC Support Committee facebook page
- Kitakami videos and “Oshu for You” videos
- the official ILC facebook page
And if you’re still confused about all the terms and names and places, check out the Big ILC Kitakami Iwate Tohoku Glossary.